Sunday 1 March 2020

Visiting Professionals

Kerry Dyer - Kerry's presentation made me wish I chose a completely different and more portfolio building approach for my CoP practical response. Her journey into the Industry cleared some of the steps I will be focusing on taking in time.

Building a portfolio of an industry-standard hand and face making will be one of the things I would like to do, although that is for my next personal project with Sign Language. I would mainly like to build my portfolio in animating professional armatures - I guess I need to learn how to make them if I do not want to break the bank and be self-sufficient in the future.

In the meantime, I am about to make the puppets for my final film - first-ever stop-motion human puppets I am making. I do not have high expectations, but it is a start. I will be taking as many pictures as possible to document this as Kerry highlighted, it is the process the Industry is interested in as well as the outcome.

Barry Purves - Barry explained the importance of a good, functional artifice through numerous examples.  I have never consciously considered story structure in this way. I suppose in my Major Project, the artifice is the cat if I understand it well.

The cat itself does not speak but is used by the dad's character to help explain that his wife and his daughter's mother is gone/dead but she is still there looking over his daughter in the form of comfort and protection by the cat. The fact that in the story his wife and the cat wear the same pendant indicates that he may be actually speaking the truth or that he himself finds comfort in the fact the cat is there with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment