Sunday 22 March 2020

Week 25

Finalising All Props and Puppets, Set 1



Wire armature with balsawood hips, shoulders and polymorph bones. 


Rear view, since my room is in the attic, I used a flask to keep the water hot enough for longer. Polymorph is lightweight and it cane be melted and used again so I can di that if I will ever take the puppets apart. 

Because the puppet wears slippers, it needs socks or at lease part of it. 


Slippers made from two different leathers and faux fur, glued using hot glue pen. 


Bulked out body and trousers joined with hot glue pen. 




Adding the arm padding and the shirt. 

I wish Blogger had an option to rotate images. Here are detailed props on the tree. 

I have realised that the tree and the furniture looks too unformal and so I added some darker colour and stain finish. 

Making the head and hands for Dad puppet. 


The hands have integrated bead so that it can be attached and removed from the wire wrists, 

Filing down terracotta epoxy putty creates this skin like/ handmade texture. 



Using permanent marker to colour some of the gardening rope black. 

Comparison with my hair, looks pretty realistic!

Gluing the hair on. 

Polymorph boning body of Julie. 

Her costume is also glued together with a hot glue pen. 

She has got a nice detail on her nightgown. 

Eyes attached with Vaseline, made from cut-out painted fabric. 

Dad puppet before finishing sleeves. 





The battery pack for the bedside lamp is at the back to allow easy exchange for charged batteries. 

Just few of the useful tools for animating that I use. 

No comments:

Post a Comment