Sunday 1 March 2020

Week 22

Puppet Making Started


I finally gave the Storyboarder Pro second chance after the induction last year. Really enjoyed working on Jenny's visual representation of the dance and this software made it time-efficient for me to edit and export the scenes and the option to have the script imported right in is a plus! After some blood-sweating of doing it on a template in Photoshop last week. Also getting involved in this project has brought back memories of how much I have enjoyed doing my Dance GCSE even though I have tried more Ballroom Dance and Swing since. I could also give Jenny a hand by taking the video footage of the dancer at Mabgate Mill while she could focus on directing the dancer. Since we only had an hour to get the dancer to fully perform the moves in the correct spacing within the screen (challenge as the camera was to be fixed). Partially, I blame my curiosity for doing this. Though I found myself enjoy speculating over the framing of shots more and more recently so this was a good experience. Being involved in storyboarding and choreographing made me feel useful.

Also happened this week:

Discussion with Ava regarding adjustments to my storyboards following major changes to the script of my final film. Ava is happy to do it all but we have agreed that I should figure out the split-screen scene myself.

Applying Polycell after a recommendation from my Dad, who is an engineer and DIY enthusiast. This material is better than plaster due to its slightly flexible and stronger nature.























Life Drawing at Fenton pub - I feel comfortable at these sessions thanks to a friendly atmosphere, warm lights and small amount of attendees.

Further puppet/set tests into a collaborative live brief - One Minute For Planet

I have started transporting the set to the stop-motion studio bit by bit.

G. T. has not yet updated me on making the costume.






No comments:

Post a Comment