Sunday 15 March 2020

Week 24

More Pre-production, Final Storyboard is Done!

Ava was really flexible with re-making my storyboards after the change in script and I am thankful for that. However, at my tutorial I have been advised to not start animating until I have sorted out my animatic. So that is what I am going to do ASAP as well as finish of props/puppets to be able to start soon.


I have met with Matteo on Saturday with a rough animatic to discuss the music composition in more detail. I was happy with the theme, catchy part of the song that he has recorded already and really happy with this bit recorded hummed. We have also discussed how the music should develop throughout the story and escalate at the end credits.

Animatic Rough 1


Integrating mini LED into a bedside lamp. 

With movable eyes technique being too complex I am turning to the technique that I have been advised at the weekly presentations. Vaseline with detachable pupils.  The inside of the head is balsawood to keep it lightweight.


Attaching hips and shoulders also from balsawood. 


In the meantime setting up shadow play scene.

Clair helped me to construct the shadow play puppet as my hand is still giving me a hard time. 

I have been testing some live action shadow play. But I was very fixed on where the actual lightsource came from in the story, resulting in unwanted shadows, that Dotty had to remind me that film is cheating and I can place the light wherever I need as long as it makes the scene work better.






Taking the advice from the Model making book, I have started making the tree. 

I am using wire, balsawood, masking tape and hot glue. 

It looks so neat!


Adding the door and props.

Mixing Polycell with paint for the tree


Testing the set up of the set. against armatures and props thanks to Jenny who helped my put the walls together and lay out the props. 


Covid-19 worries are in the air and this PC looks like it needs a wipe. 

This was not cleaned yet either, probably for the past year. 

But now it is clean. Thank you tutors for providing the wipes! 



No comments:

Post a Comment