Sunday 29 March 2020

Week 26

Change of plans


How a haircut could be done during the pandemic


This week started with existing tension of increased worries over Coronavirus situation. The University made the decision to close down from Wednesday 25th and so I had to move my things to my accommodation if I wanted to continue working on my Major Project.

What went well:
  • Video tutorial with Ben and Dotty, discussing how to possibly continue the project. Sourcing equipment, materials, adjustments in the story to allow production at home.
What went wrong:
  • Increased anxiety over the next events, I have not been to University since Friday.
  • In order to transport the set to my accommodation, I would need to have an arranged transport and an extra pair of helping hands due to its size, weight and fragility. My housemate's friend offered to use his van to do this but was not free until Tuesday. On Monday's briefing, a full lockdown got announced to start from Tuesday. 
  • My set with all the props and 3puppets got locked up at the University, including my Jessops tripod and a battery pack for the mini LED light that I planned to use for the 4th puppet's head torch.
  • The work that Jenny Leece and I started for the Sustainability Award Brief cannot now continue in the same way as we used stop-motion space to do this. 
  • By the end of the week, my head was filled with worry over getting a job at the end of the lockdown as my original plan was to look for a job in April/May to support myself in the following months after studies. 
  • I do not have my good panning tripod and no rigging equipment as well as very limited options of lights and no blackout room. 
    Making a blind from old fabric

     

No comments:

Post a Comment