Sunday 3 November 2019

Week5

Exploring tradition


What a better way to connect with traditions than through a meal made by Grandma, the more pickles the merrier. 
This church looks like a cake in a fairytale. Hanzel and Greta? 

National Theatre at night-time

This week I have focused mainly on CoP research. Then over the weekend I went to Bratislava, this gave me an opportunity to emotionally re-connect with the feeling of Slovak traditions. This was good for the development of the film's story as it is carrying the storytelling feel that I have always connected with fairytales, folktales and traditions.

My friend who does tour guides around the capital city took me on a little evening tour so I could learn some more detail about Bratislava that I did not pay so much attention to before. 

I wish I had more time and could re-visit some of the museums I went to when I was little:

 - about puppetry - this would be great research for the theme of the film and the puppet's appearance
https://www.snm.sk/?muzeum-babkarskych-kultur-a-hraciek-stale-expozicie

- about Slovak villages - this would be valuable for set design and making.
https://www.snm.sk/?muzeum-slovenskej-dediny-stale-expozicie

Continued development of the script, including visual and written ideas for the set and characters:



No comments:

Post a Comment