Sunday 24 November 2019

Week 8

(potentially) ONE OF THE FOUR 


https://vimeo.com/375295804

Feeling rather out of creative spirit in the past few weeks, I knew I had to do something about it. Especially with approaching CoP deadline and Christmas time when I need to finish my animatic for the main EP project. Struggling to even approach materials and just play around posed a huge barrier, however remembering the lesson learnt at the Twilight Cafe workshop a few weeks back when I made the pom poms - even 15 minutes of something creative can lift your spirit. I decided to put aside all the Uni work and play with cardboard and masking tape instead (materials I need to experiment with for my CoP final, I just did not have any energy to do so). I have also invited over a few friends, to create a positive working environment for getting our hands on different materials and bouncing ideas off each other, or just getting on with Uni work. 

Saturday: I made this cat from brown paper and masking tape


Sunday:
Tried Polymorph for the first time - Georgia helped, she has used it before. I want to see how I can use it for Puppets for my main project.
















In return, I helped Georgia to make a moving armature for a butterfly, showed her how to use the software, etc..
I asked Petra if she would collab with me for LoopdeLoop with only 7.5 hours to go until the deadline, one cat puppet, and a vague story idea available. Few hours is surely enough to create backgrounds and refine narrative, add sound, and submit. :D

We made it! I have refined the cat puppet, Petra made the background and then we set lights with what was available. 1 lamp that can be set to any light colour + intensity and one desk lamp (which we did not use in the end as it would show shadows of the animator on the set unless the animator walked across the room before every new frame being taken to get out of the way. Petra ended up animating while I was handing her replacement blue blobs of plasticine supported with kitchen foil and pressing the capture button.

Then we did the looping edit after Petra's reminder that we can just reverse the animation.

Thanks to my boyfriend who did several versions of the sound on an electronic piano. Sadly there was no time to get rid of the clicking noise of the keys. :(

P.S. still waiting to see whether we got in.
EDIT: we got successfully accepted https://www.loopdeloop.org/post/189370841344/cat-called-maria-having-a-chill-evening-by-the

No comments:

Post a Comment