Sunday 17 November 2019

Week7

MAF week

Characters in the story: Father, Small Child, Cat

Characters in the story within the story: Mother, Baby, Mother transformed into a big cat


After communication with my character designer, there was a missing link connecting materials I provided and him starting with the character design; it was concluded that some more concept art for the project is necessary first. At MAF I met Li Marrable, LAU alumni. Li presented me with her art style of hand made and drawn techniques, which I liked a lot, and had a good understanding of the project when we talked about it. So much so, we have agreed that Li will do character concept art for my final film before passing it to my character designer. Hi has agreed to do these on a paper to preserve the hand made feel within the production.

Discussing the project with Li at a meal. 

At Manchester Animation Festival, I got refreshed with many new tips and information about puppet making and sets through  the making-of presentation of A Shaun The Sheep Movie: Farmageddon 2019 and meeting the puppets from this film allowed me to ask questions about materials they used for specific parts.

Learning more about Lula and her friends

MAF Market - I had a good conversation with Mike Tharme, about using ball-joint armatures and its sections in the required parts of the puppet only, specific for the characters in my project. Something that means the technique is not completely ruled out for this project and it can still be on budget. I ended up getting a creature kit myself if not for this project, then to learn more about working with such armature. These armatures are expensive, however, saving money by using Too Good To Go app for food and attending the event by myself has saved me a considerable amount that I could then spend on developing my skills. I will be putting up a post about the armature I have borrowed from the University and why I felt the need to get my own.


Trip to Brimham Rocks - primarily a CoP research trip into landscapes, but also valuable for observing rocks where daylight and camera can get more easily than in a cave.

A badge/business card I made for MAF event, I made about 9 and one to wear, so time consuming, next time I will try to have a printed one! 


No comments:

Post a Comment