Sunday 10 November 2019

Week6

Staying Well and Thinking of Schedule

I feel as though I need to justify why is my story going to be made in stop-motion and why I am such a perfectionist/overthinker  when it comes to choosing the materials and techniques.

My notes on a theory justifying why animation for young children should be stop-motion animation.  




Making Pom Poms at a Twillight Cafe workshop - taking care of mental health:

I have been struggling to get started making art. I would not do what I normally enjoy - painting as I felt like I should be doing work on the project. This workshop made me realise that I really should take at least 15 minutes in a day to do something fun and let my mind free of worry to be able to evaluate my work with a fresh pair of eyes.

I needed a new wardrobe:

A lot of the materials I own are from when I was drawing and much younger and I have not updated my collection to be more specific for stop-motion just yet.

I felt very stuck as 3D stop motion demands a good knowledge of materials in order to make puppets and set. But after my negative and pretty much the only experience of puppet making ( I do not count the caver puppet from 2nd year, it went wrong in many levels too) in the 1st Year, I was not sure where to start. I knew that I did not want plasticine puppets for my project so this was a new territory.


To learn more about ball and joint armature I borrowed an Armature from the University in the hope that I will be able to build a fully functional puppet with this. Obviously, the armature is not a cheap thing and must return back in the same condition.

I am worried about this because the chosen technique and whether I have done it before or not is going to affect the pre-production schedule.

Trip to Long Churn Cave,  why not Alum Pot?



This weekend I went away on another caving trip, mainly because it would allow me to go to the Alum Pot ( an inspiration for my story) adjoining Long Churn. On Saturday I was feeling a bit ill and so I stayed away from cold, wet caves and missed my chance to go down Alum Pot and Long Churn exchange trip. The next day we did not have time for a long trip and so could only do Long Churn. However, the water levels were so low, I could have brought my phone if I knew. All of a sudden I was able to see the detailed surface of the rock that is normally covered with rushing stream. Amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment