Sunday 9 February 2020

Week 19

Busy Week and Weekend
What has happened:
  • Jenny and I have cut out and sanded floorboards from balsawood. This went really well apart from figuring out how to best arrange them which took several tries.
  • I went down to the Wood Workshop where a member of staff was happy to cut the required shapes for me. I was first thinking Plywood but was advised it may not be as flat as I need it. So 12mm MDF it is instead. 4 walls and the base cost me £5.80, that is much better than I hoped. 
  • Tring to hold the wood boards together by magnets did not work to my vision at all. I would have probably been better off using hinges. 
Presentation slides. The project has improved so much since the beginning of January. Li has drawn the little girl character and I have drawn the cat character. 




I have attended a Women Caving Weekend at the YSS hut - this hut is full of wonderful caving related artwork and this one especially hit my eye. The puppet has got a mini LED lights in its helmet as a torch. ( I did not bring my smartphone to this week as I have been trying to stay away from instant messaging, so the photos were taken by Ane Appelt, thank you Ane!)



I also had a chance to closely observe some fossils in daylight as we did a very short and very open cave. 






Script: - all dialogue now drafted by me in Slovak and proofread by my brother not only against any grammar corrections but also suitability for the target audience and suggestions to improve the likeability of the story. Now I have all the dialogue in Slovak, translating into English and most actions ready for Ava to finalise the storyboard.

I have booked the recording studio for Wednesday and will try recording the whole dialogue with my Dad, first of all, to see whether his voice works well for this film.

Ava has given me the final storyboard based on my script. Ava has been really organised and I have to admit, it helped me keep on top of the final touches that the script and the story needed while my mind was already worrying about sets.

No comments:

Post a Comment