Sunday 19 January 2020

Week 16


Finding Help - Research Into Script Writing

With fresh determination after being able to relax my mind of anxiety, overthinking every decision of my project and just realising that I had the worst mindset possible up until Christmas break. I have finally done a sensible thing, research into scriptwriting to give it the final push to write the story and the dialogue that I played once too many times in my head and told too many times to my friends and some of my peers. 

Format of the script is one thing I have been overthinking way too much instead just getting there draft after draft. So a little nudge from this video was helpful.



Finding suggestions to whether storyboards or script first is more effective. It answers my question but I would like to add that it also depends whether one person is doing both or not. In this case, I need the script to be complete first.


This video, in particular, is important, it helped me understand the relationship between the script and the storyboard and determine the detail that should go into my script.


This website is so helpful for formats of scripts from existing films and a great resource for practising storyboarding from scripts. I will keep a note of this for future research.
https://www.simplyscripts.com/

Bloop Animation - I am really glad I found this, everyone may have a different opinion on them. For me, it is a bit of fresh air. I have downloaded the free e-book Making An Animated Short; see if I could get any extra tips. It has been ok, a nice short guide, covering all the sections from pre-production to post-production.
https://www.bloopanimation.com/


Meanwhile, Ava has resolved the parts of storyboard that I have asked her and by the end of this week, I have done a big progress in writing down the story, parts of dialogue and actions. It helped that I met with Terry from LAW who shared a few tips on how she would write a script. Play the story in mind until getting to a problematic bit and then play it again until finding a solution, then move onto the next bit. While I was too fixed on the overall story changing my approach has helped me move forward. Terry also highlighted that what I have written so far is more of a treatment than a script. I have never heard of that word in this context before. But separating Script and Treatment made so much more sense and the fact that I was trying to complete both at once caused me some trouble.

Trying to visualise the flow of one of the hardest parts in the story.


The script is heading in the right direction now. 

Additionally, realising that I need more detailed mood board for a certain setting and puppets had led me to catch up with these brainstorms/moodboards:
















No comments:

Post a Comment