Sunday 22 December 2019

Week12

Visiting the Science and Media Museum - again

I have been trying to get my hands on the book below for some time now. However, it was taking longer than expected to order at the library and so the staff was very helpful in finding alternatives. They found out that there was a copy of this book in the University Library in Bradford. 


Stop-motion Armature Machining: A Heavily Illustrated Construction ...

Unfortunately, it was more complicated than just turning up and I would need to fill in some form and come to Bradford again if the University Library was not already closed to visitors.

So instead, I went to the museum to spend some time in the Animation section. I have been here once before, but this time, I was here to see specific pieces.

Such as this set - I feel shame that I did not take a picture of the label as I have never watched the film itself:





Also, the set for The Wrong Trousers by Aardman:




It is amazing how detailed and precise the floorboards are and I like that as an audience I am still able to identify most of the materials on the first set.


All of a sudden the labels describing the materials are that much more interesting when I am focusing on doing stop-motion animation. 

I could not resist capturing my perfect drop of water either.


This year, back to the normal timetable, I actually had some time to make a Christmas present for my brother by painting him a handkerchief with some old fabric paint using existing illustration and quote from other artists. Limited to just three colours - blue, black and tan. It turned out alright!



Zero Carbon Headingley Brief continues developing in the background - this week we looked at creating textures and backgrounds for the assets.

No comments:

Post a Comment