Sunday 25 November 2018

LAUAN503 - Weekly 7

Tale Telling

This week, I was working on the scale and testing out the materials. The group has fallen behind on time target already since the change of the script and MAF week, what reflects at the group presentations. We have only just shown the 2D section of Briony's animatic to the class with a first draft of the sound that I put together. We still need to put together the Stop Motion animatic but with all the catching up and the other modules it is being pushed aside. Although it being Stop Motion, with the clear storyboards we have, I think we can get away with it for now as long as the set and puppet are being build and we have something to animate :).
At the moment I am counting on a quick shoot once the set, props and puppet are done. Finally, I had a chance to see the first mock-up of the puppet what set my mind to peace about the scale of the set and the piano that will stand grand in the middle. Originally I have booked the Stop Motion studio from the 3rd December for 2 weeks. But that has changed now for the 5th December. That is only just over a week away. I hope I can charge my batteries and make the set happen in the short time. 

Working out the scale of the set.
Rolling the clay for a test batch of tiles.
My dog's har got about everywhere, probably would not recommend to build the set in the same room.

Test tiles and piano armature tested against the first puppet mock-up in the scale. 

Figuring out the height of the piano to fit the size of the puppet.

Glueing the tiles and sanding down any bigger imperfections. 

No comments:

Post a Comment