Sunday 4 November 2018

LAUAN503 - Weekly 4

Tale Telling

Figure 1. Ceramics Workshop, Photo by me

This week was Ceramics Casting Workshop which was good in a way as it provided some space to breathe, expand my skills as a professional and it was fun.

I was feeling pretty lost with the project. My overthinking mind switched on and was holding me back from getting on with initial ideas for the set.

I knew the set was in a barn but I felt like the atmosphere & lighting directions were not there even though it should come from me at this stage. This would determine the use of windows on the set's walls etc. . I found myself loosing hold of things since the idea we went for was not my vision, nor was solidified down in a script for everyone to work from.

Figure 2. Initial idea for set construction - removable walls to allow camera access and shooting from different angles. 
Also, I keep worrying about how the puppet and set will click together. Understandably, I do not want to remake the set or have to have the puppet re-scaled. I was given rough measurements for the puppet now. So I am choosing to focus on the scale of the set and do the props. once the puppet's scale is final.

No comments:

Post a Comment