Sunday 13 October 2019

Week2


Putting the team together

Quick sketch, K. Sucikova

Character Designer: I am meeting up with Ben Gardener whom I met at MAF 2018. Ben holds an impressive character design portfolio and I would like him to give it a go with the characters on my film. I believe that his cartoonish design would give the characters some spice and life, in some way, like Tim Burton characters.

Script: I have been going over my ideas with Jenny, who will be writing the script. We agreed that I need to decide on the genre. I am starting to think that it will not be a documentary because I cannot see who my audience would be and what purpose would the animation serve differently from an actual film. I have given a few story environment elements to Jenny, such as:
  • there is a heroine who is a caver
  • climbing a waterfall, squeezing through narrow gaps, using ropes to get into and out of the cave
  • scenarios of fails to build some tension, drama  

Further inspiration and it ties with the idea of caves:

Dog's Purpose (2017) and Fluke (1995)- the fact that a soul is born into a new body (which I weirdly believe in), how the other characters know the presence of the character who died. 

Coco (2017) - Joining the world of dead and alive. I have only just watched this film and I love the way it portrays dead family relatives. 


No comments:

Post a Comment