Tuesday 8 January 2019

LAUAN503 - Talk This Way

Lip Sync
I found this task challenging as I did struggle to identify some words in the recordings. Hearing 'Polish horror movie' instead of 'Pauly Shore movie' in recording 11 for example, what did not make any sense in the context.
Notes
Secondly, our group project does not contain lip sync to a monologue/dialogue. Therefore I kept pushing this task in front of me until now, the week of the hand in. Thanks to one of the course-mates, I could access the recorded file of the lecture for this task. Together with the YouTube video below by Kyle Bergersen I managed to figure out how to use the remapping in After Effects. Although, it was not without tears, I can tell that I have learnt how to use a tool which will be useful in my future projects.

I made a decision to do the mouth on a character, mainly as I wanted to have it a little more cheerful. When I did not know the task would be actually quite enjoyable once I nailed the technique... 

My final Lip-sync to recording no. 11:

Mouth Shapes:

Development:

No comments:

Post a Comment